About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
For background information on the project, please visit the website of Alberta Transportation.
- 7/21/2018:In the Community – Outdoor Classroom for Bowcroft Elementary School
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures on Fish Creek Boulevard [UPDATED]
- 7/18/2018:Traffic Advisory – Haul Truck Crossing on Grey Eagle Drive
- :Traffic Advisory – Haul Crossing on Weaselhead Road [UPDATED]
- 7/17/2018:Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures on Sarcee Trail and Highway 8
- :Significant 2018 Traffic Impacts
- 7/13/2018:Construction Advisory – Gravel Processing Operations near Sherriff King Street
- :Traffic Advisory – Driving Piling near Anderson Road