About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
Alberta Transportation’s website provides further background information regarding the Southwest Calgary Ring Road .
- 12/10/2019:Traffic Advisory – Realignment at Glenmore Trail & 37th ST SW
- 12/9/2019:Traffic Advisory – East and West Highway 22X between 6th St and Shawville Ramp Intersection
- 12/5/2019:Traffic Advisory – Realignment Between Highway 8, Sarcee Trail and Glenmore Trail
- 11/26/2019:Traffic Advisory – 37 St SW Traffic Realignment Between Anderson Road and Fish Creek Blvd SW
- 11/16/2019:Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures on Bridge over Fish Creek
- 11/14/2019:Traffic Advisory – Single Lane Traffic on 37th St SW near Glenmore Trail
- 11/13/2019:Traffic Advisory – Single Lane Traffic on 146 Ave SW near 37 St SW
- :Traffic Advisory – Speed Reduction and Traffic Control on Highway 22X