About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
For background information on the project, please visit the website of Alberta Transportation.
- 8/14/2018:Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures at Highway 22X and 6 Street / Sheriff King Street [UPDATED]
- :Traffic Advisory – Traffic Realignments at 37 Street and Glenmore Trail S.W. [UPDATED]
- 8/13/2018:Wetland 6 – Spring 2018 Monitoring Data Results [UPDATED]
- 8/10/2018:Traffic Advisory – Temporary Road Closure on Woodbrook Way
- 8/9/2018:Traffic Advisory – Traffic Realignment at Glenmore Trail and Sarcee Trail
- 8/8/2018:Traffic Advisory – Traffic Realignment at 146 Avenue / Fish Creek Boulevard
- 8/2/2018:Construction Advisory – Construction in Parking Lot of Admin Building [UPDATED]
- :Traffic Advisory – Permanent Road Closure on Lower Springbank Road