About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, as well as three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
Alberta Transportation’s website provides further background information regarding the Southwest Calgary Ring Road .
- 12/2/2020:New Alignment on Tsuut’ina Trail
- 10/30/2020:Highway 22x Realignment
- 10/1/2020:New Alignment Highway 8 and South West Calgary Ring Road
- 9/28/2020:U-Turn Advisory
- 9/24/2020:Tournament Lane Alignment Change -25 Sep 20
- 9/19/2020:Discovery Ridge Traffic Alignment
- 9/15/2020:Permanent 37th Street SW Closure at Highway 22x
- 9/12/2020:Information Session Available