About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
For background information on the project, please visit the website of Alberta Transportation.
- 5/24/2019:Traffic Advisory – Traffic Control on Ramp from Glenmore Trail to 37 Street
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closure on Southbound Macleod Trail at Highway 22X (Updated)
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures at Highway 22X and 6 Street
- 5/23/2019:Traffic Advisory – Lane Closure on Southbound Macleod Trail at Highway 22X
- :Traffic Advisory – Traffic Control on 146 Ave East Bound and West bound (Updated)
- 5/21/2019:Traffic Advisory – Night Time Flagging Operations on East and West Hwy 8
- :Traffic Advisory – Single Lane Alternating Traffic on Weaselhead Rd
- :Construction Advisory – Night Operations near Evergreen