About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
For background information on the project, please visit the website of Alberta Transportation.
- 9/18/2018:Traffic Advisory – Traffic Realignments at 37 Street and Glenmore Trail S.W. [UPDATED]
- 9/17/2018:Traffic Advisory – Traffic Control on 37 Street at Glenmore Trail
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closure on Eastbound Glenmore Trail at 45 Street
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures at 22X and 6 Street / Sheriff King Street [UPDATED]
- 9/13/2018:Traffic Advisory – Single Lane Alternating Traffic on 24 Street at Highway 22X
- 9/6/2018:Traffic Advisory – Lane closure on Spruce Meadows Way south of Highway 22X
- 8/22/2018:Traffic Advisory – Temporary Road Closure on Woodbrook Way [UPDATED]
- 8/21/2018:Traffic Advisory – Haul Crossing on Weaselhead Road