About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
For background information on the project, please visit the website of Alberta Transportation.
- 4/18/2019:Traffic Advisory – Lane Closure on Northbound 37 Street after 130 Avenue
- :Traffic Advisory – Realignment of Weaselhead Road
- 4/17/2019:Construction Advisory – Extended Hours for Loading and Hauling Gravel Resources
- 4/15/2019:Traffic Advisory – Lane Closure on Southbound Macleod Trail at Highway 22X
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures on 130 Avenue near 37 Street [UPDATED]
- 4/12/2019:Construction Advisory – Driving Piling near Woodbine
- :Traffic Advisory – Pathway Realignment near Woodbine
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closure on Southbound Macleod Trail at Highway 22X [UPDATED]