About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
For background information on the project, please visit the website of Alberta Transportation.
- 3/20/2019:Traffic Advisory – Haul Truck Crossing on Buffalo Run Boulevard [UPDATED]
- 3/19/2019:Traffic Advisory – Lane Closure on Southbound Macleod Trail at Highway 22X
- 3/18/2019:Traffic Advisory – Haul Crossing on Highway 22X Ramp to Macleod Trail
- 3/16/2019:Traffic Advisory – Lane closures on 37 Street at 130 Avenue
- 3/15/2019:New Girder Installation Video – March 2019
- 3/14/2019:Traffic Advisory – Traffic Stoppages on southbound 37 Street near 130 Avenue [UPDATED]
- 3/11/2019:Wetland 6 / Beaver Pond – 2018 Annual Monitoring Report
- :Traffic Advisory – Road Closure on 24 Street at Highway 22X