About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail SE. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street SW. The project includes 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), 47 bridges, one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction work began in fall 2016. Major construction will get underway in spring 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
For ongoing project information, visit the Construction Updates page.
For background information on the project, please visit the website of Alberta Transportation.
- 5/18/2017:Traffic Advisory – Macleod Trail, south of Highway 22X
- :Traffic Advisory – Traffic Control on Weaselhead Road
- 5/16/2017:Traffic Advisory – Westbound Fish Creek Boulevard near 37 Street S.W.
- 5/15/2017:Construction Advisory – Pile Driving in the Elbow River Area
- 5/11/2017:Traffic Advisory – Northbound Macleod Trail S.E. near Highway 22X
- 5/4/2017:Construction Advisory – Relocation of Water Main at Fish Creek Boulevard S.W.
- 5/3/2017:Closure Notice – 24 Street S.W.
- :Traffic Advisory – East intersection of Highway 22X and Macleod Trail S.E.