About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, as well as three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
Alberta Transportation’s website provides further background information regarding the Southwest Calgary Ring Road .
- 9/24/2021:Night Work: 37 St. SW & Lakeview Dr. SW
- 8/13/2021:Night Work: NB Macleod to EB and WB 22x
- :Night Work: 6th St SW to James McKevitt Rd SW
- 7/26/2021:Noise Attenuation Construction – Somerset
- :Noise Attenuation Construction – Bridlewood
- 7/16/2021:Noise Attenuation Construction – Cedarbrae
- 7/13/2021:Night Work: Westhills Way and Stony Trail SW
- 7/10/2021:Night Work: Highway 22x at Macleod Trail SE