About the project
The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be built between Highway 8 (near Elbow Springs Golf Course) and Macleod Trail S.E. The project includes reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street S.W. It consists of 31 kilometres of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, 47 bridges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
Alberta Transportation has signed an agreement with Mountain View Partners (MVP) to design, build, partially finance and operate the SWCRR project. The design and construction has been contracted to KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor.
Preliminary construction began in the summer 2016 and major construction followed in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021.
Alberta Transportation’s website provides further background information regarding the Southwest Calgary Ring Road .
There are also details for the West Calgary Ring Road, located between Highway 8 and the Trans-Canada Highway.
- 10/18/2019:Construction Advisory – Earthworks near Lakeview
- :Traffic Advisory – Night Road Closures on Macleod Trail at Highway 22X [EXTENDED]
- 10/17/2019:Construction Advisory – Night Operations near Evergreen and Bridlewood
- :Traffic Advisory – Traffic Control on Ramp from Stoney Trail to Macleod Trail [EXTENDED]
- :Traffic Advisory – Traffic Control on Ramp to Southbound Macleod Trail [EXTENDED]
- 10/15/2019:Traffic Advisory – Road Closure on 45 Street at Glenmore Trail
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures on Westbound Highway 22X near 37 Street
- :Traffic Advisory – Lane Closures on Southbound 6 Street near Highway 22X