South Asphalt Plant
1. Where is the south asphalt plant located?
- The south asphalt plant is located in the Transportation Utility Corridor (TUC) north of Highway 22X, between 37 Street and the community of Bridlewood
- It is over 700 metres away from the community, at the further possible distance inside the TUC
2. How are odours from the plant controlled?
- The plant runs on natural gas, rather than traditional bunker fuel oil, to reduce any odours
- The plant makes use of emission control technology to limit odours
- The asphalt processing plant follows all regulatory requirements, including the Province’s Code of Practice for Asphalt Paving Plants
3. What are the operating hours?
- The project hours for construction of the SWCRR are Monday to Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Sundays and holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
4. When are operations expected to conclude at this site?
- Gravel processing operations at this site concluded in July 2018, ahead of the expected timeline in 2019
- Road construction and operation of the asphalt plant will continue into 2021