KGL Constructors, a joint venture partnership between Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor, is building the Southwest Calgary Ring Road. We will update this section with construction advisories in an effort to inform the public about upcoming work and potential impacts.
If you have any questions regarding construction, please feel free to contact us.
Staying Safe in the Transportation Utility Corridor
KGL Constructors would like to remind the public not to enter the Transportation Utility Corridor (TUC). The entire TUC is an active construction area, with heavy equipment carrying out earthworks, excavations, piling, bridge construction and other activities
To stay safe, always remember:
- Do not enter the TUC, unless travelling in a vehicle on an existing roadway
- Obey all constructions signs
- Do not cross project fencing
- Do not approach construction sites
- Watch for heavy machinery or equipment
- When driving through the TUC, remain alert for construction activity
- Always follow the instructions of traffic control personnel
The TUC is land designated by the Government of Alberta for infrastructure development, including:
- Ring road systems
- Power lines
- Water and sewer utilities
- Telecommunication lines
- Stormwater facilities
Project Hours of Work: KGL Constructors expects to carry out construction in the TUC on Monday to Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sundays and statutory holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.