North Asphalt Plant
1. Where is the asphalt plant located?
- The asphalt plant is located in the Transportation Utility Corridor (TUC) south of Westhills Mall near the future intersection of the SWCRR and Tsuut’ina Parkway.
- It is over a kilometre away from the nearest community.
2. How are odours from the plant controlled?
- The asphalt processing plant follows all regulatory requirements, including the Province’s Code of Practice for Asphalt Paving Plants.
- The plant runs on natural gas, rather than traditional bunker fuel oil, to further reduce any odours.
- The plant makes use of emission control technology to limit odours.